Completion of this BPS Verified course provides an industry standard qualification and enables use of Pearson TalentLens' traits and values tool, SOSIE. It provides a comprehensive understanding of personality constructs and their use in occupational environments.
Now available as a two day virtual classroom training course.
This course has been designed to provide training leading to the fulfillment for the British Psychological Society’s Certificate of Competence in the use of personality tests.
SOSIE is used in recruitment, coaching, career development, individual and team development contexts.
This course is relevant to anyone within HR, L&D or recruitment looking to obtain an industry standard certification and using an instrument which measures both personality traits and values in one questionnaire. This will include HR managers & business partners, recruiters, occupational psychologists and training managers. After attending, delegates will:
- Gain an industry standard professional qualification.
- Be able to purchase and administer SOSIE
- Be eligible for conversion courses for other personality tools.
- Reduce the cost of hiring external consultants, assessors and recruiters who are often used to carry out test administration.
There are 2-3 hours of pre-coursework.
- Foundations of personality assessment (as set by the BPS)
- Personality & Value Scales
- Reliability and Validity of SOSIE
- Introduction to interpretation and feedback of the tool
- Practical Feedback sessions
- Administering SOSIE
- Ethical Use of the tool
- Administer & feedback SOSIE to 2 people and write feedback report
Within 3 months of attending, delegates are required to complete a some post coursework.
BPS Test User: Occupational Ability is a pre-requisite for this course.