What does the next generation Differential Aptitude Test measure?
Each DAT™ Next Generation sub-test contains only 15 items & measures the following:
- Verbal Analogies. Measures verbal reasoning by the relationships between pairs of words.
- Numerical Calculations. Measures addition, subtraction, division, percentages, algebra and, multiplication.
- Numerical Sequences. Measures problem solving abilities with numbers.
- Abstract Reasoning. Looks at ability to see sequences in shapes and patterns.
- Space Relations. The ability to visualise 2D shapes in 3D.
What are Differential Aptitude Tests used for?
Launched in 1947 initially to support career guidance and vocational counselling in students, DAT’s use has since extended to measure an individual’s level of general and a number specific mental abilities that are required for success in many job roles and training courses. The increased usage of ability tests in these areas is supported by in–depth research showing that tests of mental ability are highly predictive of performance.
What is the format of the next generation DAT test?
- Shorter test – 15 item
- More reliable scores
- Better test taker experience and increased motivation
- Items presented at ability level of test taker
- One test – suitable for a wide range of ability levels.